Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trochodial/high speed turning enhancement request

I have been programming with Mcam since V5 and it is no secret that Lathe has always been behind mill. I did not start this thread to be a rant session on the lack of attenetion lathe has recieved over the years, but rather I saw some existing logic that should be easy enough to incorporate into a very much needed toolpath, in my opinion anyway. I was trying to affect positive change and give CNC a chance to throw all the lathe guys a much needed bone. Don't get me wrong. I have my share of frustrations with the product as well. I just think if we work constructively together on the solutions to all our problems we will all get what we are after. More powerful software, and Satisfied users, more sales for CNC.

I took no offense. I have a mill/turn as well and +1000 on mill toolpaths using stock recognition. It causes me so many headaches I will not use stock when programmimg in lathe. I realize that this is a touchy subject for many of us. I just wanted to try our best to keep the framework of this discussion positive. I have no problem with this being the beginning of a enhancement request list.

I took no offense. I have a mill/turn as well and +1000 on mill toolpaths using stock recognition. It causes me so many headaches I will not use stock when programmimg in lathe. I realize that this is a touchy subject for many of us. I just wanted to try our best to keep the framework of this discussion positive. I have no problem with this being the beginning of a enhancement request list.

I seems to me this has been done many times in the past. If there is no commitment from top level managemant at CNC to acknowledge any of this what's the point?

By starting a section on this forum for enhancements and bug fixes that would be a start.

John

With all due respect guys, you are kidding yourselves if you think CNC software does have a comprehensive list of features to add / bugs to fix and plenty of threads from this forum support it. It all comes down to how they prioritize what they will put resources on. It's no surprise that those priorities are driven by new customer sales. It takes much more work to gain new customers than retain the old ones. As frustrated as many users here are, changing software IS NOT easy or inexpensive and you can bet your a$$ they know that.