Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C/hook Colrsurf.dll

Gramby

I've used a C/hook Colrsurf.dll for years that would change all the colors of your surfaces with one click. Always just dropped it in the C/hook folder and it worked. Well guess what? It is not working in X5. I miss that function always found myself using it often. Does anyone have solution?

I will try to contact them. Thanks

What better way to clarify a large imported surface model with dozens or hundreds of surface’s then to change all colors with a quick click. This works fantastic to visually find all those tight little radius that you miss.

A asset just to determine what size radius cutters it may take to machine the particular part.

Am I the only person out their using this C/hook? I was hoping Mastercam now had a function to change all surface colors in one command. That maybe I was over looking it. Guess not.

I guse im missing something.

Change color>All surfaces>select Color

vs. C-hook> find Change color.DLL> select color

Seems like the same amount of steps to me. :unsure:

Unless I am overlooking something Cuda in your suggestion. What the C/hook colrsurf does is change every single surface of your 3D model to a different color. The model may have 200 surfaces it will change all 200 surfaces to a different color in one command. It makes viewing the model more clariful. Helps find those possible tiny little surface patches and radius.

I am not aware of a method to change 200 surfaces to a different color other then picking one at a time. I may be wrong and that is why I am posting for suggestions.

There is a new function in X5 for analyzing surfaces with small radii. This has nothing to do with the colorsurf Chook, but it might help you find the information you need in regards to small radii.

Analyze > Test Surfaces and Solids > Curvature

There is also a new function for analyzing Draft Angle under the same menu...

Hope that helps,