Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Potential Surplus Matsuura MC760V-DC

Good morning,

In our never-ending quest to jam more iron into this building, we have [2] machines currently on order for which there is no room on the shop floor. Because of this, we are likely looking to deal a couple of our older machines for short dollars to prevent them from being relegated to the scrap yard. The one that I really don't want to see go to junk is a 1981 Matsuura MC760V-DC twin-spindle. The machine has a Fanuc 6MB on it, 24-tool ATC on both sides, BT40, 4000RPM with a 2-speed gearbox, RS-232, flood coolant system, spindle cooler, etc. Do any of you guys use these machines? If so, would you be interested in another one for short $$? The machine runs fine, but doesn't fit our production system any longer, so it really just occupies floor space that I need for other equipment.

C

ttt

I take it from the deafening silence that there isn't a lot of interest in 30-year-old machines...not surprising. It makes me sad to think of this machine going to the junkyard, but I guess they all end up there sooner or later.

C

• 3 weeks later...

Chris, I bet you'll get people beating each other with baseball bats to get first dibs on this thing if you post it over in the CNC Machining section at PracticalMachinist.com . A couple pictures would probably seal the deal.

It's always a bummer to see something like that just get sent to the garbage, when it could serve somebody out there well.