Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post editing question???

DrewG

I'm trying to work with several different post's so I can get my sub programs to work correctly. I spent alot of time figuring out the "Transform Operation Parameters", and have two Fanuc post's that are almost perfect. I'm stuck on changing one minor detail to my post's, and was hoping someone here might know what I need to change. All my sub's number's start out with a "O---1/2/3etc.", I need to change it to read "N---1/2/3. I need to change the "0" to "N". Does anyone know where in the post editing I can find this part. I'm using the MPFAN, and MPHAAS post's. Thanks in advance!!!I know Cherokee had posted before trying to get a post that had the sub programs inside the same program, and had alot of problems. We found out it wasn't the post we were having problems with, it was in the "Transform Operation Parameters" that we were screwing up in. We don't need a custom post at all. I was surprised our teacher at M/C school wasn't able to point us in the correct direction. He kept making it seem like we required a custom post that would take hrs. to get right, when in fact all we needed to do was get the "Transform Operation Parameters" right, and change the M98's to M97's.t

Hi Drew,

I just played with the post and thought you should talk to someone about the N numbers output by the post for each line of code. I tried playing with the N#'s and couldn't get what I wanted. Sorry couldn't help more.

[ 05-06-2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: iowajim62 ]

Thank's Jim for taking your time to post!!! I tried that exact change before I posted the question, but it didn't work for me. My sub's still kept coming out with a "O" instead of the "N" that I need. That position in the editor is where I believe it needs to be changed.

Anyone else have any idea's?? Thank's in advance!!!

Below is a real quick sample of the post and what I need to change. I need the subprogram to change from a "0"0001 to "N"0001. Thanks!!!

%

O0000

(PROGRAM NAME - REARSET BRACKET TEMP.)

(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 06-05-03 TIME=HH:MM - 19:35)

N100G20

N102G0G17G40G49G80G90

( 1/2 SPOTDRILL TOOL - 1 DIA. OFF. - 1 LEN. - 1 DIA. - .5)

N104T1M6

N106G0G90G55X0.Y0.A0.S1833M3

N108G43H1Z.1

N110M97P0001

N122G90G56X0.Y0.Z.1A0.

N124M97P0001

N136G90G57X0.Y0.Z.1A0.

N138M97P0001

N150G90G58X0.Y0.Z.1A0.

N152M97P0001

N164G90G59X0.Y0.Z.1A0.

N166M97P0001

N178M5

N180G91G28Z0.

N182G28X0.Y0.A0.

N184M01

ETC....................M30

O0001

N112G99G81Z-.125R.1F7.33

N114X-5.Y-1.

N116X0.Y-3.

N118G80

N120M99

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hello,

I think I may have your solution.

Do a search in your post for "progno" and also for "sub_prg_no", and ""main_prg_no", and change the appropriate letters.

HTH

James: I believe this is where you talking about changing the letter's, and I did(as shown by the "N"), but the post still comes out with "0" as the first digit of the sub number. Where am I screwing up below?

I've come to find that every problem I've encountered so far learning M/C has been on my end, and not anything wrong with M/C, so I assume I've got to be forgetting/missing something. I just can't seem to find the correct place in the post edit. Thanks!!!

Cherokee and I are learning new stuff everyday, and are truely enjoying the very powerful features that M/C offers. Compared to Smartcam, the pocketing routines and especially the contouring ramping are making our work so much better. The more we work with it, the better we like it. I'm looking forward to messing around with the "High Speed" options when the new Makino A66E Horizontal Machining Center is installed in late July. We also have Makino's MMC2 linear pallet cell coming with it, and getting familiar with post editing is going to help alot as I'm sure we're going to have to tweak things in another post to get everything to work.

James: does this look correct to you? As you can see I changed the "0" to the "N", but it doesn't post that way. Did I change it in the wrong spot? Thanks!!!!!!

#Move comment (pound) to output colon with program numbers

fmt O 7 progno #Program number

#fmt ":" 7 progno #Program number

fmt O 7 main_prg_no #Program number

#fmt ":" 7 main_prg_no #Program number

fmt N 7 sub_prg_no #Program number

#fmt ":" 7 sub_prg_no #Program number

fmt X 2 sub_trnsx #Rotation point

fmt Y 2 sub_trnsy #Rotation point

fmt Z 2 sub_trnsz #Rotation point

Drew

Changing "O" to "N" there doesn't help because the string output is modified by the post later on

First you need to find this:

psub_st_m #Header in main level

result = nwadrs(stro, main_prg_no)

Which is changing your "O" to "N"

Then (what I did anyway) you need to create a string definition for string "N" like this:

#Address string definitions

strn "N" #String for address N

Finally, change the psub_st_m to this:

result = nwadrs(strn, main_prg_no)

I don't know if this is the technically correct way to do this, but it worked for me

C

By the way; rereading a couple of your posts I also just noticed that you changed the format for sub_prg_no, not main_prg_no:

If you look in the post I think you'll see that sub_prg_no is actually the "P" word [M97 P(sub_prg_no)] and that main_prg_no is the subprogram number

C

[ 05-07-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Chris, "YOU" got it to work!!!! It works perfect for me. Thanks so much!!!! One question: I only changed one thing, rather than the two steps you said to do. Look below:

You stated:

"First you need to find this:

result = nwadrs(stro, main_prg_no)

Which is changing your "O" to "N"

------I DID NOT MAKE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE:------

"Then (what I did anyway) you need to create a string definition for string "N" like this:

#Address string definitions

strn "N" #String for address N

Finally, change the psub_st_m to this:"

----------I DID THIS BELOW ONLY:---------------

result = nwadrs(strn, main_prg_no)

By only changing the "stro" to "strn" it worked for me. Will I screw up anything by only making this one change? I wasn't sure where I was supposed to add the "address string definitions" and so I tried just making the one change and it worked. I really appreciate you setting me straight with that change. I would've been here for days and never thought to change that "o" there. Thanks again!!!!!!!Hat's off to you!!!

quote:

I wasn't sure where I was supposed to add the "address string definitions"

Just do a search for "strn" and you'll see where those are...

...but...

If you didn't get an error saying something about "string not found" or something else like that then your post must already have "strn" defined; mine didn't, so I had to add it in

Glad it worked

cheers.gif

C