Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DRILLING

Scot

I have the same types of holes that have to be drilled, spotted, and tapped in most all of our parts. These holes all have the same depths. I use the method of machining these repetitive holes by bringing in saved operations. This process still requires many mouse picks. Does anyone know a faster way for setting up toolpaths for the same types of holes in different parts? We don't have the solid options.

insteed of importing the ops on parts that have all the same tools and ops just the locations change i programe 1 part and save that then save as a blank file meaning i delete all the geo i still have all the tools and ops just no geo then just import into your blank file and i use mask on arc with window for the differnt ops depending on hole size if in i op i drilled for tapping after i regen it i just drag those points from the drilling op and add then to the tapping op just dont merge the drill depth pick no on that box this works great for family of parts with same tools and ops ...hth

Thanks Greg; I started experimenting with your help, and it seems like it will benefit our processes.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort tools before posting, other than what MasterCam offers inside the operations manager. Are there any vbscripts or chooks that can help? I would like to sort tools drills first, then spot next, etc.

Thanks,

Scot