Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Issue with SolidEdge

Mick

Our local reseller has just contacted me in regards to a problem that a local Mastercam user has encountered, and has asked me to try and sort it. It appears that they have installed V9.1, and as a result, when they try to run Solid Edge, it now doesn't run. They previously had V9 running alongside Solid Edge with no problems at all. According to the customer, their Solid Edge is using a Hasp as well, which indicates to me that there is a potential issue with the driver. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

The customer is unfortunately in another town, so I'm doing this via phone.

Regards,

Mick

I just got some more information from the customer. Its seems the Solid Edge sim is a Sentinel, not a Hasp. So it maybe not a hasp driver issue. I did indeed get him to swap the locks, but its made no difference :/, but thanks for the suggestion.

Hehe...These kind of things only ever happen on a Friday afternoon smile.gif

I've had a problem with upgrading my solid edge after I installed MC V9.1. V9.1 puts a parasolid key in the registry that solid edge reads thinking you have a previous version of SE on your system. Which in fact you don't. I deleted the key and installed solid edge. Then put the key back in and everything ran fine. You might want to investigate this avenue. Who knows. wink.gif

I believe it is Windows NT, and yes, the Metacut Software was installed.

There was a brief error flashed on the screen when Solid Edge started, and was something to do with failure to find a license. The customer has both a network license, and a fixed license (they have several seats) but neither license works.

It is shaping up as a trip to their premises for me, by the looks of things smile.gif