Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

INSTALLED X5 MU1- NOW I HAVE PROBLEMS

OC_THE MCX

Just installed Mu1 over X5(which was running great with Machine simulation) and now I get a diologue box that I have to click on at least 10 timess

that says " Mastercam.exe-entry point not found" - the prodedure entry point(and

then it list all these files.) and my machine simulation icons are

missing.

(I should've waited for mu2,3,4,or 5)

Has anyone had this issue? Mastercam eventually does open up.

sigh---one thing is fixed,another falls apart...:angry:

I have seen it relating to Cimco.

If you have the Cimco plug-in installed into MCAM.

Go into the chooks folder and look for the 2 Cimco items, remove and restart.

See if that cleans it up

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No problems like that here Oscar. Been running it the whole Beta Cycle.

What other C-Hooks are you running? Verisurf, X+, etc???

Hi James, I did have the Cimco c-hook as my default startup file. I have removed from my config settings and also as JParis suggested deleted from c-hooks library but It is still doing this when I re-start X5. Any other ideas?? I hope i don't need to uninstall and re-install.....

I just had the Verisurf guys out here to do a Verisurf X5 demo.

We got the same issue.. the Verisurf guy says its because our old lazer track machine

is running XP SP1. He says we need to upgrade it to XP SP3 and reinstall X5MU1

I just had the Veisurf guys out here to do a Verisurf X5 demo.

We got the same issue.. the Verisurf guy says its because our old lazer track machine

is running XP SP1. He says we need to upgrade it to XP SP3 and reinstall X5MU1

Thanks gcode, looks like I do have to re-install X5 and X5 mu1

Thanks gcode, looks like I do have to re-install X5 and X5 mu1

Hey guys! I found out what the problem was My custom MTB and/or Config file got curupted during MU1 installation. beware!!!

After un-installing and re-installing (backed everything up first), still had the same exact problem! Uninstalled again, This time deleted My Mcamx and shared Mcamx files. Re-Installed X5 and X5mu1. so far, looks like good fresh install. Re-placed original Config and MTB files with my backed-up, custom files and Bingo!,same problem again.

Luckily, I had backed up all MCAMX files on server 2 months ago before updating to MU1. Re-loaded My original, custom MTB file and its all good now. :D

Re-placed original Config

read my siggy

its OK to drop an MTB file in , but an X4 config file will hose an X5 install every time.

open a config file in a text editor.. its 80% paths and the X4 paths are all wrong for

an X5 install

its OK to drop an MTB file in , but an X4 config file will hose an X5 install every time.

open a config file in a text editor.. its 80% paths and the X4 paths are all wrong for

an X5 install

ok, but the difference here is that I never had X4 installed in my computer. I went from X3 MU3 to X5. I have been running X5 for about 5 months now with no problems. The problem started when I updated X5 to X5 MU1.