Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco pocket issue

I am having problems with my post starting pocketing operations with i's and j's on the first line [helixing into pocket] and then radius's after that. the toolpath looks fine in mastercam, but it tries to cut ouside the pocket when i send it to the machine. how do i change the first lines i's and j's to radius's? i think that would solve my problem.

thanks.

You may want to contact your reseller on this one and refer them to the Teck Talkin issues from March 2011 as there is some information on something that was broke and some post mods that might be necessary to make the helix work in all planes correctly that wasn't working prior..

Basically our default posts have logic in them that forces output for full arcs and Helix motion, for safety reasons, to the value initialized in the arctype variables in the post. We use the arctype$ initialization in the post to work around this until the control definition can be modified to allow for separate settings. Basically MP will use the value set in arctype - it gets copied to prv_arctype$ so when the CD overwrites it with the new setting we have the old one and use it for telling MP how to handle the helix and full arc output based on the initial setting of these variables.

You should be able to add the following lines to your post and set them for the desired output of the full arc or helix for your machine and you should be good to go.

# The following three initializations are used for full arc and helix arc output when the CD
#   is set to output R or signed R for arcs
arctype$     : 2     #Arc center type XY plane 1=abs, 2=St-Ctr, 3=Ctr-St, 4=unsigned inc.
arctypexz$   : 2     #Arc center type XZ plane 1=abs, 2=St-Ctr, 3=Ctr-St, 4=unsigned inc.
arctypeyz$   : 2     #Arc center type YZ plane 1=abs, 2=St-Ctr, 3=Ctr-St, 4=unsigned inc.

Even though the control definition sets the output of arcs, the variables and values above will be used to control the arc output on a full arc and helix.

Confused yet?

Hope this helps!