Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kenemetal Endmills

Mcam Nut

We usually use OSG for our general purpose endmills, ada our tool supplier talked us into trying Kenemetal because the cost is lower and the quality is supposed to be comparable to OSG. We didnt have the best of luck, and our supplier is saying that our S&F's must be off. Has anyone tried these endmills? Did you have any luck with them? We have 1", and 1.25 Kenemetal solid carbides that work very well, but 3/4< are not working as well.

I haven't used them myself, but why is your supplier not supporting you and ensuring you have the proper information to base your S&F's from? I'd go back and make them either call in the local Kennametal rep to help or supply the needed information to allow you to run the tools properly. Sounds like your supplier isn't wanting to take any blame for tools not living up to their hype.

Our supplier for most of our shop supplies is a Kenemetal distributer. I have no problem using there brand if it truly is of equal quality. But from my experience I don't feel they are of equal quality, but will check if he is willing to give a demo