Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stop simulation if simulate cutter comp in control finds a problem

Up until X3 there was a question that you could set in the CD (and even in the post going back to V9 days), that came up with an alarm in Backplot if your tool was too large to program an internal radius (in mill, lathe and wire). I don't think anyone has really missed this option, until today and a customer of mine got a load of work back since they missed a small internal rad on a rush job.

Mastercam X5 didn't explicitly warn them that the corner could not be achieved, but he may have had a chance in V9 > X3 (if that switch was activated anyway).

The parameter number was 18711 in X3 and back in v9 it was question #1520.

Is there a modern day equivalent of that option?

Mastercam X5 didn't explicitly warn them that the corner could not be achieved, but he may have had a chance in V9 > X3 (if that switch was activated anyway).

I generally rough out material with a largerst diameter tool I can, if the corner was a. 250 I'd run a 3\16 e.m. so that the tool interpolates the corner and doesn't hit it full dia.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but, (somewhere between machining the parts and shipping the parts) shouldn't you have inspected the parts?

Internal diameter(s) on a corner, first thing I look at to see what cutter I could get in there. I don't rember that alarm nor would I run it. :p

Sorry for the delay in replying Newbee - I have so far only put the question here since I know that CNC peope do frequent this board. Since I've had no specific reply to my question I'll send it to CNC.

And CJep, STL might have been an option to consider and in hidsight it's spot on - but again the nature of this job meant that things were done just a bit *too* quickly :D - The old V9->X2 error message was "in-line", meaning no extra steps were needed to realise that there was a potential problem.