Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino A77 Pro3 (Fanuc 16m)-adding memory

It's a basic fanuc 16m control with a makino pro3 on top of it.

Supposedly this machine maxes out at 512K memory.

It has a data server that we can access only thru the front side (512k memory).

Can someone confirm that? That info comes from a local Makino reseller but I need to make sure we're getting the correct information.

512K on this machine is ridiculous and I can't believe we can't get to data server thru network or flash card.

We need to load some large files into the control and are looking for any available option to do this.

Any info appreciated.

TIA

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The 16i control, while it is a good control, it is limited. Your Makino guys is correct in that you cannot directly access your Dataserver form the control. You must use M198 Pxxx. He may be incorrect in the amount of memory though. I seem to recall that you can put 2MB in the 16i Series. The new 30i series will do up to 8MB of machine memory and not positive on the max Dataserver size... it's at least 1GB though.

Thanks guys.

I don't want to drip feed if I can help it. I'd prefer larger memory or easier access to data server (not thru the front side 512 k memory) so I don't have to divide my files into 512k chunks.

Any suggestion for a trusted contact person that will know exactly what the options are?

Thanks again.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The way FANUC works now is that you HAVE to go through the builder/dealer. You can't just call up FANUC anymore and say I need "this" option and schedule a service call. Because of how options integrate(or not as the case sometimes is) with what the builder has done (Makino, Matsuura, Toyoda, Mori, and others that escape me at the moment) with the controls, certain options can and will conflict causing issues. So, you're going to need to call either Makino or your dealer and go from there.

Access to the dataserver is simple just an M198 Pxxx as far as directly editing a program on the dataserver, not going to happen on a 16 comtrol as far as I've ever seen.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

There's two possibilites for where to hook it up. 1) Behind the Operator Panel Screen, where the CPU is. There is a card that plugs into the motherboard, there may actually be several but there shoudl only be one with an Ethernet plug. 2) Inside the Control Cabinet, the CPU culd be there as well. You're more than likely going to see 2 Ethernet plugs when you get looking. One will say embedded near it. The other may be a little more hidden, but it will be part of the adapter plugged into the CPU.

HTH