Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Status bar dissappeared when window maximized

within a thou

Todays fun now my status bar has dissapeared when I leave the window maximized. Even when I minimize my task bar to make sure it isn't hiding under that there is nothing but as soon as I click the top right corner so the window is not maximized it comes back? Why are all these new problems starting? Nothing has changed on my computer and I am the only one with rights to get on it.

I had somthing similar on X4 (all MU's) but different.

On Maximise window, all our custom toolbars and their position would be just as we wanted them.

As soon as we left a pc for a while, when we came back and autosave box was on the screen, macam was automatically minimised.

The minimised screen had a whole lot of different toolbars in a load of different positions, but when maximised the screen again, our toolbars instantly returned in their correct positions.

I just put it down to a 'feature', and as it didn't affect us (because we never worked with a minimised window) I didn't bother asking anyone about it.

I have a coworker who uses a post for a Dynapath (Odd control isn't it? Looks like something off the original enterprise). He ask me to look at a file, bamm, my tool bar wigs out. Looks good minimized, but full size, it takes on his layout. No matter how many times I reboot and reload my back up, it fails to stick. Here's how I fixed it. I have my .mtb file saved and write protected in a different location so this may require some effort for you to get back to where you want to be.

Right click in an open area in the tool bar, select customize. In the lower left corner of that window there is a reset icon, select it. This will bring back the default mastercam layout (.mtb). Close out then restart MC. Your tool bar layout will be as fresh as a new install.

If you already have a named .mtb, you can just reselect that as a default start up.

If you don't have a back up .mtb, configure it the way you like using the customize menu. Now save the layout with a new name. yada yada yada.mtb.

Go to Settings, config, Start/exit, toolbars, then select the icon that looks like a file cabinet and select your saved file. Green check mark and your done.

Restart MC and all should be good. Remember to back up your saved .mtb to a new location.