Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rizzo's data base

kh012

I just tried the dynamic tool paths for the first time.

kudo's to Rizzo and his data base!!!

used a 1/2 em in 6061-t6 .820 deep.

set the feeds to the lighter side to start.

boss watched it run and all he said was WOW!

i'm a convert now.

thanks for all your guys input.

Ken

I'll have to take a look at that. I know darn well we're not pushing our tools/mill nearly as hard as they could be. Something tells me we could cut our production times in half if we pushed them at all. I don't think there's a single tool we run at more than 60ipm--except on the router, where I regularly hit 600ipm with the kinves

It's fun isn't it.

What speeds and feeds did you use?

What endmill?

em is a 3flt swift-carb semi/rougher

1200 sfp / feed started at 150 ipm but we are going up from there.

i think the last part was at 220 ipm and still sounded great.

dynamic pocket 10% step over / rad. is 33% to get around two bosses on the floor.

Ken

Question from someone that hasn't run the dynamic mill stuff yet:

If your machine can handle heavy cuts, does it really help? Take the above cycle, 1/2" endmill .820" deep in aluminum. Dynamic mill he is going .05" stepover at 220 ipm. Couldn't you just as easily go .250" stepover at 44 ipm? Cycle time would probably be faster with fewer repositions and accel/decel being less of an issue. Additionally tool life would be better because you are going through 1/5 of the material.

So what am I missing?

-Quite possible that feedrate could go up to 350-450 ipm no problem, and with that you have the confidence that the tool will NEVER violate the engagement percentage you set. Regular toolpaths your gonna get varying engagement, esp in corners less that the tool radius.

In aluminum the deeper you can go the more efficiency you're gonna see. (eg. taking a 1.5" doc with a .750 cutter, at 250 ipm)

-Easy to program as well.

Question from someone that hasn't run the dynamic mill stuff yet:

If your machine can handle heavy cuts, does it really help? Take the above cycle, 1/2" endmill .820" deep in aluminum. Dynamic mill he is going .05" stepover at 220 ipm. Couldn't you just as easily go .250" stepover at 44 ipm? Cycle time would probably be faster with fewer repositions and accel/decel being less of an issue. Additionally tool life would be better because you are going through 1/5 of the material.

So what am I missing?

this was an easy part to just get my feet wet.

but after using it i now have a whole new way of removing mat'l fast.

ken

the 220 ipm was where we were at ,but still going up from there

Edited by KH012