Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma VTM 80YB

Does anyone have an Okuma VTM post? I don't want it, I just want to know if it works and where did you get it from. We are having a tough time with postability and I can't believe this is the only VTM in existence. Would like to pay for one. It seems the tech from Okuma told us to get a MULTUS post and when we got it, it doesn't look anything like what the machine needsw to run. The Okuma guy says that we didn't get the right post from our reseller and they are saying this is the right post for a MULTUS. Postability called it a MACTURN. I am new to the Okuma 5 axis Machines andf don't know if MacTurn and Multus are the same. But I know I have a brand new machine down right now with no programs because I need a working post.

This needs to be addressed with your post supplier and/or reseller. I can't stress that enough as a developer. We need to know what is going on in order to get the machine to operate correctly.

That being said, we have a VTM post, which is basically a Multus flipped up on its end (or so I've been told). The macturn and multus are similar configurations, though the macturn has a lower turret.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I did send the developer at postability a good working sample NC file that Okuma wrote for us. The nc file that our post WAS posting out as well as my Mcx file to show the toolpaths so he could actually post what we are programming and compare it to the sample program. Unfortunately, I had to use the "going over their head" routine with our reseller and they finally seemed to get their heads straight. I hated doing that, but with the price we paid for this post, I should have decent customer service. For the record, I think Dave does a great job over at postability. I am not happy with our reseller, nor do I agree with Mastercam's policy of only being able to deal with the local reseller. I believe if companies were able to "shop" around for resellers, that alot of resellers would improve their customer service skills so as to not lose the business. For the record, I tried to get my reseller to deal with you guys, but they said they only deal with postability.

After much heartburn, I finally got a post out of postability and my reseller. It is close, however, I am getting a different "G" code when i do a Canned face routine. On the sample program from Okuma the Canned rough face cycle is giving a "G83", however my post is putting out a "G82". Could this be from the part being oriented wrong? Do you happen to know what I should have for orientation for this part? Also I am telling it to leave .01 on X and it is posting out "U-.02" Any idea why this is negative?

Thanks,

Todd

The sample provided by Okuma is wrong! It is supposed to be G82 for a rough face cycle. That is what the post was giving. A G83 is for material shape edsignation for turning o.d.s

Anyways Chris, Thanks for all your help. I have my reseller coming to the shop on Wednesday. We are going to get with Dave at Postablility and get this post working right.