Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feedrates at toolchange

ICT_Outkast

On our Okumas, if there isn't a change in feed from the last instance, after a tool change it isn't outputting a feed. This throws an error if you try and start in the middle of a program where there is no feed rate. Is there any way to force MC to output feed rates at all tool changes? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

1) What post are you using?

2) How old is this machine? Every Okuma I've ever worked on [we currently have 11 of varying ages] reads through the program when restarting to get to the line you want to start on; so it should 'know' the last commanded feed rate. I must admit, however, that I don't think I've ever had a program with no feed commanded after a toolchange...

C

Our machines are fairly new....within the last 6 yrs on all of them. I believe they are using the restart feature, but I will check on that and be sure. I usually use a pretty healthy plunge rate and when it calls a new tool it doesn't post a feedrate till after the G1 Z line...

EX:

G1 Z-.375

G41 X.875 Y.25 D2 F3.

Is what I am getting.....

Thanks for the replies...I'll check and see if they are using restart or line search

Jerry

We need this info:

1) What version of MC are you using? If V9.1, make sure you have all patches as I had some weird probs before I downloaded them.

2) What post are you using?

Any time I have an unusual problem I will repost the file with a post from the MC CD [like MPFAN, for instance] to see if the code is correct there. If another post outputs the code correctly then you have a post problem; if not you may have a MC problem.

This line of your post should be controlling your output, I believe:

plinout #Output to NC of linear movement - feed

pcan1, pbld, n, sgfeed, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, feed, strcantext, scoolant, e

If you put an * in front of 'feed' it will force feed output but it'll be on EVERY feed line [yuk]

We are using V9 SP1...we tried 9.1 and had some very wierd things going on, so we went back to 9. I still have 9.1 on my computer, but it's in a different directory.....obviously....

The post is the generic Okuma post, with a few changes for our preference....added air blast for mist coolant....and added some post questions....but other than that....its the generic Okuma post.