Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Updating Imported/Exported Operations

travis.vandusen

Hi, We have many different pulleys here that we run on a lathe. They're all the same, with only OD and ID changes. I keep all of the operations in their own operations file to import on each pulley drawing so I keep all of the same parameters. Is there a way to update all of the pulleys at the same time when I want to, say, change a feedrate? It is going to be a pain in the butt going into each part and updating the feedrate every time we want to make a change. Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

How bout after you import, go into the individual tool(s) settings (from tool manager), change the feed/speed for each tool to what you want, then in the ops manager click on the tool settings (parameters, under machine group) and check the box for feed calculation = from tool. Then select all ops, right click>edit selected ops>recalculate feeds/speeds.

Prolly a better way, but it should work...

I don't get that deep into it, (I just make sure I have the right feeds set in the tools when I bring em into the tool manager for each new program) but you could copy all the tools you use into new folders (create your own library sorted by material to be cut) and name the folders by the material your gonna cut. Then when you pick your tools for a new program, just pick it out of the folder you made for that material.

That way you can have the same tool saved with different feeds/speeds for use on different materials.

You could have the different sized pulleys located on separate levels within the same Mcam part file then separate the sizes by toolpath groups in the operations manager. If you edit the speed and feed in the tool manager it should update all the toolpaths that use a particular tool (as long as you don't have "lock feedrates" set in the system config). Otherwise you would need to reinitialize the feed rates in all the toolpaths.

You could have the different sized pulleys located on separate levels within the same Mcam part file then separate the sizes by toolpath groups in the operations manager. If you edit the speed and feed in the tool manager it should update all the toolpaths that use a particular tool (as long as you don't have "lock feedrates" set in the system config). Otherwise you would need to reinitialize the feed rates in all the toolpaths.

This is also a great idea. I forsee this forum being a great resource!

I think I'll do it like this, but keep seperate files for each ID size (we have like 4 ID sizes and about 10 OD sizes per ID)

Thanks!