Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori Seiki AL-2

lovell110

Hi All,

I was just reading my programming manual for this machine and something is not sitting right. In this book it claims that a G03 is a clockwise move! eek.gif A G02 is a counter clockwise move! confused.gif Now this machine requires a negative X value for its diameters. Has anyone seen this before? Or am I just overworked?

John

Yep

We have a "normal" AL-2 and 2 SL-1 machines like you describe. I heard it's a parameter setting to change. Ours came from another division when it closed and we left it at an X- setting for the old programs

If it were up to me I'd change them and trash or edit all programs for them. Too much chance of making a Boo-Boo if you know what I mean!

But........ it ain't confused.gif

[ 06-26-2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Mark C ]

Hi lovell,

Mark is right,you can change X back to + in the parameters.

I have been with my company for over 18 years.

The 1st cnc lathes they bought were Mori SL-7's and yes,they were X-

At the time,cnc's were new to my company,and we had few people who could run them.(incl. me) rolleyes.gif

We did a lot of "big Parts" manually.

So they just left them this way.

For me,I am used to programming them this way,but for someone who is not,it can be disasterous.

You may want to look into having it changed.

just my 2 cents wink.gif

I'm glad I'm not seeing things. smile.gif For the life of me I couldnt figure out why my program was not working. I'm glad I went to the books. I modified my post to get the right output but I had to understand why it needed to be this way. Here, I thought I was over worked. biggrin.gif

[ 06-26-2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: lovell110 ]

Dont you just love those Mori manuals? wink.gif

I figure they had a english major college student in japan translate them into English. He probably never saw a machine shop.

Took me 6 months to write notes in the margins once I figured out what they meant. confused.gif

quote:

For the life of me I couldnt figure out why my program was not working

I bet you were wondering "why am I getting all of these little gouges and undercuts everywhere confused.gif "

Our SL-2 is the same [Yasnac 2000GII]; every once in awhile the guys get some BIG distance-to-go numbers when I miss a minus sign rolleyes.gifeek.gif

Chris,

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw my liitle gouges and the machine doing the funny arc dance. My day went a whole lot better today now that I have a clue how these things are supposed to be! biggrin.gif

[ 06-27-2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: lovell110 ]