Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Operation Defaults

Bill Henderson

I used to be able in X2 to open (I thought)the control def and set common parameters for operations and save them for electrodes...aluminum... steel etc.

I am trying this in X5 and can not get the settings to stay. What I would really like is to have the Coolant ON for every operation and save the operations for Aluminum. Have another that is for plastic and coolant off.

I have a tool library with tools that have coolant on, but I seem to have to turn it on at every operation.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks.

Bill,

You could do this through the machine group properties in the operations manager. The operation defaults file is located in the Shared McamX5\Mill\Ops folder. I would make a copy of the Mcam defaults file then rename it.

In the machine group properties go to the section for operation defaults, (second one from the bottom). You can load the custom defaults file then use the settings icon "!" to open the operations defaults file and you can make the changes.

setting/control definition manager/operation default/ and make coolant on in every operation.

for plastic or some different material you need without coolant make a copy of all operation rename machine group and make coolant off

and just change machine group as need as.