Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autocad Question

MACHINING JIM

I am trying to figure out why when I import a DWG file from my own computer ( somthing I've designed) to Mastercam I have access to all the layers and colors that I draw with, but whan a cutomer sends me a file and I open it all I get is white lines with every layer? Is there a way to import there settings?

I t has to due with how Acad breaks down the geom and how they are using "model space" & "paper space"

Sometimes in a DWG file you'll find that there are a number of entities that come in blanked, an Acad user explained to me that that information is associated to the "paper space"

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I get an AutoCrash file, I usually change the colors on all the entites to green or yellow, then on the import options, I'll uncheck "blank paperspace entites". This helps with seeing everything too.

HTH

When I get an AutoCrash file, I usually change the colors on all the entites to green or yellow, then on the import options, I'll uncheck "blank paperspace entites". This helps with seeing everything too.

HTH

well there's something I'm going to have to remember. No more deleting those annoying white lines! I try not to use dxf files, but it's the best way to bring in Adobe Illustrator files, which I have to do way too often.