Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Intergrex 400 & MC

cappy

Hello,

Can someone advise the use of MasterCAM to program an Intergrex 400. The company I work at just issued a purchase order for this machine due in mid May 2012. I have been working with mastercam X2 for many years now to program a complete line of Okumas doing pretty basis stuff with no real issues. I have recently searched on some topics/issues about MC isn't worth a damn when it comes to Mill/Turn machines. If anyone has real experience with this could you please comment. I would really hate to find out we need to switch to a different CAM package to get machining done on this new machine. The company did buy an offline seat of the Mazak Matrix CAM, not sure how it will compare to MC yet.

Any comments I would really appreciate.

Thanks,

Greg.

What kinda work?

X2 lathe had less issues than 6 does.

after our new ones land next month, that makes 9 Intregexes for us. We do basic mill/turn up to full 5 axis turbine airfoil surfacing. You will screem & holler and want to beat someone with a bat but MC will work for it

What kinda work?

X2 lathe had less issues than 6 does.

after our new ones land next month, that makes 9 Intregexes for us. We do basic mill/turn up to full 5 axis turbine airfoil surfacing. You will screem & holler and want to beat someone with a bat but MC will work for it

Simple stuff, OD turning, boring, OD/ID grooving, live spindle tooling (drilling, tapping cycles) Would like to use milling features to do flats and angled holes. Can you elaborate on the screaming and hollering?

Thanks,

Greg.

Don't waste your money on matrix cam. It is already installed in the controller . I have a mazak Integrex 300 twin spindle twin turret machine, and program in mcam all day long. Took a bit to get the post tweaked, but I do full 5 axis as well as turning/milling on one spjndle while turning with the lower turret on the other spindle simultaneously. :thumbsup:

Don't waste your money on matrix cam. It is already installed in the controller . I have a mazak Integrex 300 twin spindle twin turret machine, and program in mcam all day long. Took a bit to get the post tweaked, but I do full 5 axis as well as turning/milling on one spjndle while turning with the lower turret on the other spindle simultaneously. :thumbsup:

show off :harhar: