Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Resource file not set up

Marshal

I know this has been asked a couple times before, but I've never seen an actual answer, just workarounds.

When I try to open an Adobe Illustrator file I get an error saying the resource file is not set up and that it can't import the file.

Obviously I can export it as a dxf, but when I do that all I get is one solid spline going around the entire shape, rather than spline/line segments like I'd prefer. I've tried multiple versions of illustrator and eps files, and even on X6--which threw up an error in one case but still opened the file, with everything be one solid spline.

Has anyone figured this bug out and been able to consistently open illustrator files?

• 4 months later...

I know this has been asked a couple times before, but I've never seen an actual answer, just workarounds.

When I try to open an Adobe Illustrator file I get an error saying the resource file is not set up and that it can't import the file.

Obviously I can export it as a dxf, but when I do that all I get is one solid spline going around the entire shape, rather than spline/line segments like I'd prefer. I've tried multiple versions of illustrator and eps files, and even on X6--which threw up an error in one case but still opened the file, with everything be one solid spline.

Has anyone figured this bug out and been able to consistently open illustrator files?

I work with Adobe Illustrator, converting pdf files to dwg, dxf, etc, and then work with them in Mastercam please send me the file maybe can help.

Yo trabajo con Adobe illustrator, convirtiendo archivos pdf a dwg, dxf, etc, y luego trabajo con ellos en Mastercam envieme el archivo por favor quizas pueda ayudarle.

vicmgm(at)hotmail(dot)com

Our EPS/AI reader does not support files from some of the newer versions of Adobe Illustrator. We licensed that software from a third party that has discontinued their support.

Going the DXF route will get you something (as you've found).

Another alternative is that there's a free AI viewer that will save as a BMP and you could then use our Raster-to-Vector importer. That's helped at least one user that I'm aware of.