Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary 4th axis advice

chall

Hi everyone,

Im after some advice, I’m machining a part that looks a bit like a nasa shuttle using a rotary 4th axis toolpath. Now when i back pot in mastercam it all looks good, even in verify it all looks fine and i get the results i want. Now when i post and run on the machine it seems nothing like. The wings of the part rotate into the shank of the tool, so the wings and the tool are parellel to each other which is causing a problem. Now in mastercam the wings go nowhere near the tool when performing the rotary moves.

The machine im using is a 5 axis DMG 50 Evolution

I cant see anywhere were im going wrong. Could this be a post issue?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Regards

the files on the FTP in mx5 files and its called rotary issue zip file. i did have another issue at first, where every time the machine would read C0 it would unwind rather than one contionus rotation, thats sorted and it was down to a machine parameter which wasnt reading M94.