Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazatrol Programing using MazaCAM

I have been asked to give an opinion on the latest version of MazaCAM for use to program our 5 Mazak Nexus turning centers and our Intergrex 200-IV 5T. Currently I believe they are hand programing using Mazatrol, and what we are looking for is for a package that can read in CAD files to use to program as our work is getting more complicated, and we want to do off-line programing to keep the spindle time up...

the dept foreman thinks that MazaCam will do the job, But the owner wants to be sure that we do not paint ourselves into a corner with this software, both in capability and CAD file compatibility.

Any input would be appreciated.

to clarify my request :

Unfortunately the shop I am now working for does not have MasterCam... So I was asking here only because I know that this forum has members with a wide range of experience with many different software packages.

I have been asked to give an opinion on the latest version of MazaCAM for use to program our 5 Mazak Nexus turning centers and our Intergrex 200-IV 5T. Currently I believe they are hand programing using Mazatrol, and what we are looking for is for a package that can read in CAD files to use to program as our work is getting more complicated, and we want to do off-line programing to keep the spindle time up...

the dept foreman thinks that MazaCam will do the job, But the owner wants to be sure that we do not paint ourselves into a corner with this software, both in capability and CAD file compatibility.

Any input would be appreciated.