Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post help

screamindemon

I don't know if anyone can help me but here goes, I did a search and got nothing but what I need is this, I have the post editing cd but it is not helping I am trying to edit my post for a mitts machine so that it will recognize my e-pack values and insert the proper condition code example: E1201 will give me A M103

E1202 will give me a M101

any help is greatly appreciated

warren

Doesn't sound like it's gonna be too difficult, but we'll need more info.. what does this data do, where does it go, where do you need to call it from? etc.

'Rekd teh data starvation

[ 07-09-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Thanks for the reply Rekd!

the code M103 for example is a machine code for optimum conditon in whats called "Power master" on Mittsubishi machines and M101 turns it off, I would like it to go directly after the E1201 or E1202 codes (M102,M103 are for roughing, optimum,varying. M101 is for skim cutting ).

I am guessing that it can be called from my canned text menu I have it in there but I need the Enumber to recognize it

If it helps the Eand first 3 digits don't mean anything other than size of block it is the last number that I need to determine the code E120(1)will use the same Mcode (M103) as E134(1)

warren

warren,

I believe that's something simular to HAAS' Corner Rounding Control, G187E0002. It's supposed to slow down the machine so it can reduce cutting off corners at high feeds. (Kind of a low budget HSM feature I guess).

If that's the case, I call mine from Misc Values in each of the operations I need it in. I use the Integer to toggle it on/off and Reals to specify the size.

Is this like what you're doing?

'Rekd

I am not sure it is the same thing.

mastercam 9.1 has all my epacks on file in the library, the packs contain my offsets, feedrate and numerous other things.

depending on how many cuts I do is what epack comes up example: if I do 3 cuts on a 2" block the first cut will have E1271 F.06 H1(offset)=.0091, 2nd cut: E1272 F.16 , 3rd cut"E1273 f.12

I need so that when it sees a 1 at the end like E127(1) it calls up M103 right after and if it sees a 2,3,4,5 like E1273 it will call up a M101 for skim cutting.

Mittsubishi haas whats called cornermaster built in but really has nothing to do with my power master (M103 or my epacks

warren

Oh. Well sh!t.. I was waaayy off. biggrin.gif

I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about it, but with some things I've seen in posts and with the addition of VBS to MC, it should be possible.. only question will be how much work will it involve..

Sorry I couldn't be any help.

'Rekd teh "'tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak openly and remove all doubt"

Try calling a postblock something like this right after the ccode is output:

code:

pm10_

sccode = no2str(ccode)

length = strlen(sccode)

m10_ = plcval(sccode,length)

if m10_ = 1, "M103"

else, "M101"

This should get you close anyway, you would probably want to use a string select so it would only output when it changes...

HTH

[ 07-09-2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Roger Peterson ]

Is this MasterCAM Wire you are asking about? Most folks assume you are talking about Mill, and will give you mill-based advice, which is not gonna be all that helpful with Wire. Especially with the posts.

I don't know a lot about Wire, but this seems straightforward enough. Take with large grain of salt, and if it busts up your wire machene, blame it on Rekd. So here goes:

Are the condition codes currently showing up in the post incorrectly, or are you trying to get them to show up at all? If they are incorrect, you can do one of the following:

1) Edit the power library you are using to reflect the proper overburn and condition codes for each pass, then select the appropriate pass to get the correct code.

2) Turn off the 'Associate to library' option on the Wire parameters page and specify the condition code, wire size, and overburn manually for each pass.

If they aren't showing up at all, the problem is more profound, as I beleve that condition codes are kinda important. What post are you using and where did it come from?

thanks for the input rick!

it is mastercam wire v9.1 and the machines are mitssubishi fx10 and fx20 (same controler)the conditions in the lbrary are correct in reference to the E-pack feedrate and offset, etc what I need is for my post to recognize these e-packs and input special condition codes in reference to (power master) which is a mitts machine option and they are controlled with M102, M103,M101.

the program will run without these or I can manually edit them in but the machine runs much better and easier with the power master on for rough cuts

Just trying to get my head around the problem - On the Wire parameters page, in addition to the wire size and overburn, is a parameter called Condition Code. Is what you are refering to as an e-pack different from the condition code? i.e. are you trying to get, in addition to a condition code, an additional M code that is related to the condition code? If so, you'll need to either put some extra logic into the various functions that use the ccode value to add the additional M code (either by reading it from one of the registers or by claculating it, if it is related to the condition code in some way).

Something like this ?

code:

%

L100

(07/10/03)

(BURN 2 HOLES)

(1 ROUGH PASS w/ TAB AND 1 FINISH SKIM)

H1 =.0098

H2 =.0072

G92 X-1. Y1.

G00 X-1. Y1.

M20

M78 M78 (Fill Tank)

M102 (Power Master ON)

G04 X2.0 (Dwell for Power Master)

M80 M82 M84 (Turn stuff ON)

E1201 H1 F.25 (Conditions for Rough Skim)

M90 (Adaptive Control ON)

G41 G01 X-.5 (Lead-in and COMP ON)

M101 (PowerMaster OFF)

G03 X-1.5 I-.5 J0.

X-.5025 Y.95008 I.5 J0.

M00 (Tab Cut STOP)

X-.5 Y1. I-.4975 J.04992

G40 G01 X-1. (Lead-out and COMP OFF)

E1202 H2 F.24 (Conditions for Finish Skim)

G41 G01 X-.5

G03 X-1.5 I-.5 J0.

X-.5 I.5 J0.

G40 G01 X-1.

M91 (Adaptive Control OFF)

M21 (Cut Wire)

G00 X1. Y1. (Move to next hole cutout)

M20 (Thread Wire)

M102 (Power Master ON)

G04 X2.0 (Dwell for Power Master)

E1201 H1 F.25 (Conditions for Rough Skim)

M90 (Adaptive Control ON)

G41 G01 X1.5

M101 (Power Master OFF)

G03 X.5 I-.5 J0.

X1.4975 Y.95008 I.5 J0.

M00 (Tab Cut STOP)

X1.5 Y1. I-.4975 J.04992

G40 G01 X1.

E1202 H2 F.24 (Conditions for Finish Skim)

G41 G01 X1.5

G03 X.5 I-.5 J0.

X1.5 I.5 J0.

G40 G01 X1.

M91 (Adaptive Control OFF)

M58 (Drain Tank)

M02

%

After looking at the example I gave I think I figured out what was wrong. Change what I gave you to this:

code:

sccode #this initializes sccode

m10_ : 0#this initializes m10_ to 0

pm10_

sccode = no2str(ccode)

m10_ = plcval(sccode,1)

if m10_ = 1, "M103"

else, "M101"

~m10_, e #this will output the value

for testing, this should match the last #

in your e pack. Once it works you can delete this line.

Let me know but this should

work, you will need to initialize sccode and

m10_ as I did in the example near the top of the post.

[ 07-10-2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Roger Peterson ]

Screamin, Just saw this thread and got my curiosity up. I'm doing mills and solids now but was strictly a wire guy up until a month ago. We have 8.1.1 here. May I ask whatt kind of steel? what shapes? Tapers? core pin holes, etc...? Maybe there is a way to achieve your results you seek in a different manner. We do die cast here alot of tapers, wierd shapes core pins holes etc.. I have never had the need to edit the Mits post we got from our reseller. Version 9 may be a different beast though. Hope I can help.

dOOd:

it is mostly tool steels with the odd taper, we are a die shop, so major tapers are not needed very often. did you use power master? because if you didn't then you wouldn't need the M codes that I am asking for, as I said I can run without using the codes but I find that for my applications the machine cuts better and faster.

my reseller didn't give me a post, it is now partof v9.1 along with mitts epack values

Steve: I don't think it is an update for my executable post unless there is a brand new one in the last week, I updated just before then, I might be wrong though.

thanks for the input guys

Screamin pm10_ is the postblock that contains the logic below it. The first character in a postblock needs to be in column 1. If it is not in column 1 the post will think it is a variable and give the error that the variable has not been initialized. Unfortunately I do not have time to look at your post directly. If you send what you have to your dealer and explain what you are trying to accomplish they will be able to help.

HTH

thanks for all your help roger:

I realized that about the pm10 and thats where I had it but it still gave me an error.

just one more quickie where does

sccode #this initializes

sccodem10_ : 0#this initializes m10_ to 0

from your example go

unfortuanately my bosses are forcing me how to learn how to do it rather than call my dealer, long staory won't even bother getting in to it, but thanks again everybody for all your help