Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary axis meaning

Hi,

I recently started to write posts in MC. I read all literature from V9 Post Reference Guide and I understand all of that. But for MX5 there are much different variables in generic posts that I can see. There is all the time mentioned variable "rotaxtyp" like main switch but in my Generic Fanuc there is no that variable at all.

But however can somebody explain exactly how works setting of "zero" and "direction" in a post. Does it means that "zero" is zero direction and "direction" is direction where "zero" moves positive. So that should mean that chosen labels determines rotation plane and rotation axis should be perpendicular on that plane.

Or "zero" means zero direction and "direction" means axis of rotation with right hand side rule (here I mean thumb points in rotary axis direction and fingers at positive rotation direction). So in that case "direction" should determine actual axis of rotation.

But however I try to set those combination in post or it doesn't post correctly or I have a massage that spindle cannot be oriented with axis.

And one more thing is that I have in post setting of variables for rotary axes labels (A, B, C): "str_pri_axis : "A", str_sec_axis : "C", str_dum_axis : "B"" but those labels doesnt work, but they change according how I change "zero" and "direction" combination.

Or can I find any newer literature then V9 Post Reference Guide which is obviously obsolete and I need to spend so much time to find out what is changed and how.

Thanks!

Roland,

Please contact your reseller for support. There is a PDF file available that describes how to setup the Generic Fanuc 5X Post.

The Gen Fan 5X Post does not use 'rotaxtyp$'. All rotary calculations are handled inside the PSB portion of the post, based on how you set it up.

Our 4 axis Posts use the 'rotaxtyp$' variable to tell MP how to calculate the single rotary axis (c$), and what orientation your tool planes must me in.

Roland,

Please contact your reseller for support. There is a PDF file available that describes how to setup the Generic Fanuc 5X Post.

The Gen Fan 5X Post does not use 'rotaxtyp$'. All rotary calculations are handled inside the PSB portion of the post, based on how you set it up.

Our 4 axis Posts use the 'rotaxtyp$' variable to tell MP how to calculate the single rotary axis (c$), and what orientation your tool planes must me in.

Hi, Colin

thanks for answer.

but can I get that PDF somewhere just by myself. thing is that I work in that company that has a license, so I will need to ask for license documentation. and they don't know much about writing of post so I will need to explain many things, and also I am writing post for my friend in which is not in that company. and I actually want to set that post and then offer him like solution. as I just start to write a posts.

But what else I mentioned is that when one change "zero" and "direction" parameters, it can automatically change G17-G19. regardless that NCI 1000-1002 g-code line has #7 position for example other value.

And if anybody know how to set that in a case if more tool planes it read WCS value which is set like WCS. I have the case where it reads my tool planes like WCS. and I dont have them like WCS but just for positioning toolplanes. I see in NCI that I have right values for WCS, but post dont calculate those values but those from tool plane origin. I mean I can change the come manualy by writing my own lines in the post. But I would like that I set it in switches if it is possible.

Guest roland_1

The document is only available from your Mastercam reseller.

Hi,

do you maybe know the name of that document. I just called that reseller, but he said that he doesn't know for any newer document then V9 Post reference Guide. He is reseller in Ohio.

Maybe if I say exct name of document he can try to find it.

thanks

Hello Roland,

Please have someone at FASTech email the Posts Inbox, and we will get them a copy. Thank you for going through the proper channels and contacting your Reseller.

The PDF file is called '5 Axis Generic Post.PDF'. FASTech may have a copy that is a Power Point file, instead of a PDF.

Thanks,

Hi Colin

Yes FASTech are resellers. But as I understand corectly I need to send the link of this forum to FASTech email and than they will transform the copy to my email after you sent it to them? They already have my email, but I will now send this link to them and you send documentation if you can.

Thanks!

Hello Roland,

Please have someone at FASTech email the Posts Inbox, and we will get them a copy. Thank you for going through the proper channels and contacting your Reseller.

The PDF file is called '5 Axis Generic Post.PDF'. FASTech may have a copy that is a Power Point file, instead of a PDF.

Thanks,

Received! thanks!