Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 WinXp into X6 Win7

GibbsMachineCorp

Hello all. Got a problem here with X6 and windows OS differences. We have 4 seats of MC, 2 are Windows XP Pro and 2 are Windows 7 Pro. I created an X6 file on my XP Pro seat toolpathed it just fine. Did a save as and created a duplicate, LH RH situation, opened the new file mirroed the geometry. Thought I'd use the open Win 7 seat to regen the dirty toolpath while I programmed the next part. WRONG! I tried to open the mirrored file in Win 7 and it crashed as soon as it opened. Tried double clicking on the X6 file same result, re-tried file get, crashed again. I can sit at the Win 7 seat and draw and toolpath just fine.

This is probably the only problem with X6 right.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response guys. The Win XP seats we have (2) are 32 bit and Win 7 (2) are 64 bit. This morning I created a small X6 file on the XP seat. A circle with a tap operation. Both of our Win 7 seats opened it just fine. The file I was working on from Wed that was created on the Xp 32 bit seat will not open on the Win 7 seats. Couldn't believe this morning when Win 7 opened that little test file and won't open the large one. The large one contains a lot of surface finish toolpath, both High Speed and regular surface finish.