Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Canned text insertion points

Bill H

I use M54/M64 to turn on/off an air blast to clear chips. I've modified my MPFAN post so that these calls appear in my Canned Text menu. Inserting them before, with, or after the tool change block is no problem. There are some times, however, that I want to insert them at specific points along a toolpath instead of at the tool change block. Is there a way to do this other than by manually editing the NC code?

If you right-click on a toolpath, you can use the "change at point" function in the Toolpath Editor to insert Canned Text at any point along your toolpath. The only limitation is you will not be able to regenerate the toolpath, without loosing the edits. If you need to modify the toolpath parameters, you will have to make the manual edits again. Otherwise this method works great.