Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Going for training

Thoob

Wow...I feel really old, I remember tinkering with version 3, just getting it to run was a challenge. Been 10-12 years since I took advanced class, which then included multi-axis, and post editing.(There was an actual manual CNC Sold) think it was v8-9(solids barely released) and it was as many have mentioned, a small percentage ( a couple other guys and myself ) that were getting anywhere, while the majority of class was stumped on fairly simple geometry creation the whole length of each class. I picked up quite a bit of knowledge, mostly regarding stock definitions. Previously had been tied to the basic square, etc stock shapes. Lot of hours, I took saturday classes at 8hrs ea,

ILLz%20Sig%20Std.gif

Wow...I feel really old, I remember tinkering with version 3, just getting it to run was a challenge. Been 10-12 years since I took anvanced class, think it was v8-9(solids barely released) and it was as many have mentioned, a small percentage ( a couple other guys and myself ) that were getting anywhere, while the majority of class was stumped on fairly simple geometry creation the whole length of each class. I picked up quite a bit of knowledge, mostly regarding stock definitions. Previously had been tied to the basic square, etc stock shapes. Lot of hours, I took saturday classes at 8hrs ea,

ILLz%20Sig%20Std.gif

Did you take with any of use from the board here in So cal?

It was at NTMA in Ontario.... You are all coastal right? Think it was funded through the state back then (boss had to buy us the books, unwillingly), in fact one of my setup guys had been through all of the classes, minus the advanced. He was instrumental in getting us shoed in. I had talked boss into upgrading to solids :guitar: just prior to this and was self-learning pretty fast, there were a few things the class helped with, but most I had figured out on my own. Our instructor was very good. He had worked developing early "NC's" Pretty sure he is retired by now. Knew most of the other instructors too because me and another guy kept crashing the computers by creating solids a little too intense for what they had. :smoke: He told me I should take the instructor class, but I really didn't have the time back then....