Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cycle time in nc code

perseid88

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Backplot is at best a ballpark number. It does not take pecks, acc/dec, and othe functions into account. If the planner is using backplot numbers fo production cycle times, he's going to over estimate what the shop can actually do.

As a general rule our actual cycle times are approximately 30% over the program cycle time due to what James said about acc/dec, pecks, etc.

I say approximate because since 2 parts may vary in the amount these things influence it. It can be used as a starting point, but really the only accurate way to schedule that I am aware of is to actually base it on the cycle time at the machine.

I remember using Cimco (paid for trial version) a few times. Anyone else use it and compare to actual cycle times at the machine?

I did on a long multi surf, multi tool and drill cut and it was fairly accurate. Machine time was like 18 hours... ended up being within about ten minutes. (Set my alarm to head into the shop in the middle of the night)

If Cimco turned out to be accurate you'd have to manually enter the comment though.