Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mill-turn differenciation

hi,

I have one question that looks simple, but it seems that for me is not.

in a mill-turn posts in a situation that posts needs to post different output if it is milling or turning, how I can question code on a simple way. is there any simple information in some parametar that keeps information is it turning or milling operation?

I should add a word of caution here though: Make sure you've read the 'Mill/Turn' chapter in Volume 2 of the MP Post Reference Guide. Especially the sections on 'Postblocks' and 'Postblock calling overview'.

The Post will automatically call a 'l' or 'm' postblock based on the value of the 'posttype$' variable, if they exist in the Post. Otherwise, the Post will call the 'p' postblock.

Thanks Colin. If that will work its exactly that I need. Hope that it will deal with drilling also where it depends. I will test it for a weekend and inform you how it work.

Thanks for warning, but I don't need it for any calls of further postblocks, just to immediate output in accordance with op type.

Yes I saw now what you said, it was my bad, I read Volume 3 and NCI Parameters ref. Guide and skipped #s 1and 2. and answer is clearly there. But now I saw even more interesting situation, so if you can just let me know what can be a reason.

Mainly, I see that in NCI file for G-code 1016 on 12th place that is spindle_no$ it doesn't transfer for mill tool second spindle selection. for lath tool it does. But for mill although in tool section on Tab Mill-Turm is selected Right Spindle in NCI fie it transfers 1016/12th value 0. what can be a reason, maybe in MD parameters or somewhere in post pre-read settings? or maybe spindle_no doesnt reference for Spindle Selection in mill or turn tool page. I found information for pparameter for that for lathe but i cannot find for mill also to test.

thanks