Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

REGEN TOOLPATHS

paulf

RUNNING x2&X4, PROBLEM I AM HAVING (INTERMITTENTLY) IS CONSTANTLY HAVING TO REGEN ALL TOOLPATHS WHEN I CHANGE PLANE VIEW

E.G. I HAVE 20 TOOLPATHS ALREADY DONE- USING SAY 2 PLANES WHEN I CHANGE PLANE VIEW ALL TOOLPATHS I HAVE ALREADY DONE HAVE RED CROSS THROUGH AND NEED REGEN- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME AND I AM STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOES THIS- IF I HAVE TO VIEW SIMULATION- I HAVE TO WAIT EACH TIME- VERY FRUSTRATING-ANY IDEAS???

Should only make the ops dirty if you changing the planes in those paths.

Unless your moving those planes and not just changing to another.

Where are you changing the at ??

TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF, ITS CONSIDERED YELLING !!! :thumbsup:

PEACE :D

Should only make the ops dirty if you changing the planes in those paths.

Unless your moving those planes and not just changing to another.

Where are you changing the at ??

i am just changing to do another toolpath on that plane- it then makes any toolpath which has used that plane-'dirty'- i am not changing the plane - and it doesn't always do this- i just dont know the circumstances when it does it or what may cause it- i am aware changing the plane ( i.e. move datum) would cause this- but all i am doing is changing to that plane to constuct geometry or do a toolpath ???

TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF, ITS CONSIDERED YELLING !!! :thumbsup:

PEACE :D

i usually change all planes - i.e. construction and wcs i find easier to view this way- once i have done toolpath i change wcs only back to original- this, on most occasions does not make ops 'dirty'- but on occasion it does- this is the essence of my question- it seems like its not that common- as i,ve yet to have a suggestion- i have been using mcx for years and most times its fine- trying to understand why sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn,t is frustrating- all i know is if it starts doing it- it then does everytime- something in settings maybe???

5 axis machine- so as an example- i may have 5 toolpaths where my wcs is 'TOP' and my tool and construction planes are also 'TOP'. Then i may have 5 toolpaths where my WCS is 'TOP' and my T&C planes are 'BACK'- if i go to do another toolpath in 'BACK' - i change wcs and T&C planes to 'BACK'-do the toolpath- then change WCS back to 'TOP' before regen.- this is a personal preference - i find it easier to manipulate viewing when WCS is changed also- done it this way for years- no problems- it doesn't make all other toolpaths 'dirty'- apart from on occasion when i hit this problem - then everytime i change plane to do a new toolpath- all other toolpaths become 'dirty' and need regen- but its intermittent- i can't understand why it does this- when i am doing things the same way- the majority of times there is no problem- its only on occasion- i think i maybe won't get an answer on this- i thought it may have been common fault - but maybe not- thanks