Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager Question/Problem

Code_Breaker

I have a question about Copy-Paste operation within the Tool Manager.

Background:

I am working on a family of parts ... I made the first file, then use it as a template for the second file ... then when working on the third file, I saw I needed to split a toolpath up because of sizze and heat ... wanting all the parts to follow the same concept, I went back to the first file and took the operation and copy-n-paste if directly below ... it retained the NC file name ... when I did the second file, it did not retain the NC File, but took the name of another NC File name. Both files has 12 different NC files names because our controller dose not have the memory to hold the entire file.

In both cases, the Config Manager are identical ... machine/Control defs are identical ... I can close and wait a day and it still does it in the second file regardless of which operation I copy ... it always take the fifth NC file name of the 12.

Anyone else have this experience and can explain why it is happening ..

Thanks

In settings, sys config, on toolpaths manager branch, what to you have ticked for NC file name?

All three files are set to MC default:

Under NC File:

Prompt, 1st operation only, and Last operation's NC file are checked ...

Since all three are identical, and #2 was copied from #1 and #3 is copied from #2, and only #2 has the problem ....