Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VIEWING PLANES

paulf

I am running x4 on a 5 axis mc - when i do toolpaths where wcs -tool&construction are all the same planes- no problem.

If i do a toolpath at'back'(e.g.) i will change tool & construction plane to 'back' and leave wcs as it was- 'top', at this point i can rotate view with mouse and T&C planes stay the same-however- i like to view 'TOP' and then 'FIT'(I have these set on right click) to return everything to how i started viewing, the moment i view 'TOP' the T&C planes return to same as WCS- to get round this i have always changed WCS also- this allows me to view as i want- i then just change WCS back before regen & post. For various reasons i now want to change the way i have been doing this (for years).

My question is- when you have T&C set different to WCS is there a way i can use my 'top' 'isometric' 'right' views etc

without losing the T&C planes (i.e. returning to WCS). What i would like is for the view toggle buttons to be set off T&C planes rather than WCS- i have looked through settings but couldn't find anything- has anyone got any ideas???

Yes open setting >> config >> CAD setting and uncheck

update C and T plane when changing Gview & Reset Cplane to top in ISO Gview

thanks- that has helped- but views are still taken from wcs- when i am working in a plane i want top, right, back etc to view in the plane i am working in- this is why i change wcs also- i want to toggle views in construction & tool planes by using 'top' 'right' buttons etc- what you suggested has helped as i no longer lose the plane and have to reset- but can i change settings so toggle buttons aren't taken off wcs??- thanks