Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Slightly O/T - Mazak Fine Boring

Watcher

Hi guys,

Well, I did a search but did not get anything like this: I'm writing a post for an Integrex e-1060V with a Matrix Control and after finishing the hard part (5x, 3+2, turning, etc) I'm now trying to add all support I have in our CAM for holemaking cycles... I'm particularly interested in a cycle to perform fine boring...

I went through the entire EIA/ISO programming manual and G76 is the closest match I got, but could not find a canned cycle to allow me to pass the angle where the spindle must stop before tool's return to the R level or start height...

Basically, I've been working predominantly with German controls in the past 10 years and never bumped into one without this capability...

Is there any cycle on a Mazak to do this or I'll have to break the logic and output long hand code?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

The angle is set with a parameter. With that being said you MAY be able to change that parameter on the fly or it may require a shut down of the machine to become effective. If a shut down is not required adding the logic to your post to write rewrite that paramete would be fairly simple.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for chiming in... Any idea of what parameter we're talking about?

The manual is not clear about it... They just mention the bit #6 of the parameter I14... But a bit is a bit, not a real/integer value I can pass an angle...

Besides, what's the proper syntax to overwrite a machine parameter via program?

Sorry for bringing more questions' but I'm a newbie in Mazak world...

Many thanks to everyone,

Daniel, check out Parameter I14. The I parameters are regarding soft limits, so each axis has it's own set of I14 bits. Bit 3 tells it whether or not to move that axis, bit 4 tells it to move that axis + or -.

I have all of mine set to Y-, since all of my boring heads orient with the insert towards Y+.

Daniel, check out Parameter I14. The I parameters are regarding soft limits, so each axis has it's own set of I14 bits. Bit 3 tells it whether or not to move that axis, bit 4 tells it to move that axis + or -.

I have all of mine set to Y-, since all of my boring heads orient with the insert towards Y+.

Joe,

So we can't pass an angle, but solely an axis and a direction? (X+/X- Y+/Y-) - Did I get this right?

Yes, you're correct. But you can combine the X and Y, so if you turn bit 3 on in both X and Y, it'll move both of them in whichever direction is set in bit 4.

So you've basically got 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, and 315 as your angles.

Programming parameter data

G10 L50................ Parameter input mode ON

N_P_R_

N_R_

G11 ...................... Parameter input mode OFF

N: Parameter number

P: Axis number (for axis type parameter)

R: Data of parameter

Programming for parameter data input

G10L50

Parameter input mode ON

N4017R10

D17 is set to “10”.

N6088R96

F88 is set to “01100000”. [ (01100000)2 = (96)10 ]

N12067R–1000

L67 is set to “–1000”.

N12072R67

L72 is set to “0x43”. [ (43)16 = (67)10 ]

N15004P1R50

P4 data for the 1st axis (X-axis) is set to “50”.

G11

Parameter input mode OFF