Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pallet Shuttle on new Machine

Matsuura G-Tech 840DiS Control Pallet Change

O9901

M16

M9

M61

M70

M99

During Setup in "Handyman" Mode the Machinist will assign the "A" Pallet Program to A pallet and "B" Pallet Program to B Pallet

from then on based on Limit switches the machine knows what pallet is in Que and what pallet is in machine position and will run the assigned Program.

A and B Programs End with Pallet calls: M98P9901

Do any of you see problems with code above the we get "No. error"

we run A and B programs and the end of each is

G0Z4.

M5

M9

G49G53Z0

G49G53X-20.Y0

M98P9901

(06/14/12)

M30

%

Thanks Everyone

I have something similar to that on my old VMC I80 control

O9901(PALLET SHUTTLE PROG.)

IF[#4006EQ20]GOTO120

IF[#4006EQ21]GOTO121

N120(INCH SHUTTLE MODE)

M192(TOOL LIFE COUNT)

M05

G20

G91G52G28Z0

G30P2X0

M60

/2G28Y0

/3G30P2Y0

M61

G00X-5.75

/2G30P2Y0

/3G28Y0

M62

G00X5.75

M121

G90

M01

M70

M99

N121(METRIC SHUTTLE MODE)

M192(TOOL LIFE COUNT)

M05

G21

G91G52G28Z0

G30P2X0

M60

/2G28Y0

/3G30P2Y0

M61

G00X-146.05

/2G30P2Y0

/3G28Y0

M62

G00X146.05

M121

G90

M01

M70

M30

what are you naming the programs running on pallets A & B? I have had the best luck running subs on the 840 Di's (which is kinda sorta what you are doing with the M70.....it calls up whatever program you told it to) by keeping the names simple. So instead of a descriptive name like "Pallet_A.MPF" and "Pallet_B.MPF" try something simple....like old school fanuc as in O1000.MPF for pallet A and O2000.MPF for pallet B.

Thanks again for the added input, you raise a good point Craig, I believe the the parameter you are setting is in the handyman page, and that works great while right in process, however you could shuttle in "B" pallet and well lets make believe the power goes out or any other shut down scenerio you like, you could then restart the machine and incorrectly execute the wrong program on the wrong pallet. I am trying to find the Variable for each pallet and incorporate a check at the start of each program...

I haven’t had that issue with the machine, only if the operator calls up the wrong program after a power outage. The shuttle program will always call the correct program because of the setting page/or the parameter setting they hold the correct value even with a power outage.

Yea, I tried adding a variable to check for a (1.) For A and a (2.) For B and tested it with a (IF) statement at the start of the shuttle program and the start of the part program, and then one day the operator found a way around it.

You can try to dummy proof it, but the dummies keep getting smarter at doing it wrong.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Create a feature on the pallet to measure with a spindle probe to determine what's in there. WOrks every time if done correctly.

I set up a customer with a probing cycle so that their operator didn't even need to tell the machine what program to run on the pallet, it meaureed the stock and was able to determine from that what to run. 2 years later, so far still bullet proof.

HTH