Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting with unwanted G93 Inverse Time Feed

The post for our mill-turn Mori MT1500 (based off MPLMASTER) outputs G93 in unexpected places, for example during an op where the only rotary moves are C-axis positioning. It seems to only happen once the C-axis moves past C270. Here's a code example (from a simple mill op that is transformed with a tool plane rotate around the C-axis). I'm happy with the moves at C269 & C270, but at C271 or higher a G93 is used instead of G98:

G00 C269.

G98 G01 X4. F6.

Z-1.

G00 X5.

Z0.

G00 C270.

G98 G01 X4. F6.

Z-1.

G00 X5.

Z0.

G00 C271.

G93 G01 X4. F.417

Z-1. F.42

Here's some switches I've tried changing in my post to fix the issue:

#C axis and Index switches

use_frinv : 1 #Use Inverse Time Feedrates in 5 Axis, (0 = no, 1 = yes)

I set 'use_frinv' to 0, but this had no effect.

rot_feed : 1 #Use calculated rotary feed values

#0 = no, 1 = yes - code coords, 2 = yes - virtual coords for fiveax_comp : 0

I set 'rot_feed' to 0, the problem goes away, but I think this will break rotary milling toolpaths.

ctol : 270 #Tolerance in deg. of inc. move before 'rev' flag changes

I set 'ctol' to 360, the problem goes away. However, will this break something else?

Anyone have feedback on the changes I tried or any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dana

Dana, you have to try some of these things and see the results they will Yield. Sometimes it is just a simple tweak to get what you need and other times it is full blown dig a trench and see where the parts lay.

Do some tests and see what happens. Set the X axis above and run some trial cuts and see how the machine reacts. I have see two Integrex's maxhine same make model and control do 2 different things with the same code. It took some tweaking at the machine with parameters to get them to act the same. People want a bullet proof post and most times the only bullet proof post is one that has been tried trued and tested especially on these complex machines.

HTH