Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renaming files

connormac

I had an older file that I had programed awhile back with MC9. I reloaded it on my computer. Only the MC9 file, no .nci or .nc . I wanted to rename it from "0020-78987 REV 1" to "0020-78987 REV 1 OP 1". But when I try to post it it trys to save it under the old file name in the .nci file.

Yes you can tell we are machine shop geeks. That is just a number I pulled out of the air because I had worked on it this past week. Small world

Thank for the help. I will try to remember to do that from now on. Of course it would help if i would name it the right thing first. dyslexia and forgetfulness. Bad combination for a machinist