Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sub programing

greenxman

i am working on a ycm with a fanuc 100 control the sales guy that came in Thursday started to show me some sub set ups that i have never used before i think it is a macro but i do not know how to use them.

it goes like this.

O1000(main)

G0G90G80G98G40

T1M6

M98P2

T2M6

M98P2

T3M6

M98P2

AND SO ON

M30

O2(SUB PROGRAM FIXTURE OFFSETS)

M3 S1000

G54.1 P1

M98P3

G54.1 P2

M98P3

G54.1 P3

M98P3

G54.1 P4

M98P3

M99

O3 (TOOL 3/8 END MILL )

G0G43Z.2M8

G1 Z-.5F50.

X3.Y0

Y-3.

X-5.

Y1.

G0Z.2

M99

What i don't under stand is program 2 he said it made it eraser to add or subtract work stationquestion.gif the sub starts then goes back to program 1 main not back to program 2.

they are closed yesterday and today i will be calling him Monday /Tuesday just trying to get my head around it before i call?

Its not a macro... That's kind of funny, try not running Program 2. Put the fixture offset (G54.1) in P3. If he runs that fixture offset program, there's probabably a reason for it. Maybe machine specific.

The point of subs is to save memory.... if a program has the same code like a pocket with multiple depths. The code would be Z-.050

The M98 P2 (pocket code)....

Z-.0100

M98 P2 (pocket code)....

Its rather simple.

They came out with that back in the punch tape days (I think) :book: Then there's controlls like HAAS, you could have all this in one program. It will loop down to a specific M98. Where some controlls have seperate programs. The control goes from program to program.