Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCfSW x5 to MCfSw x6 upgrade

Bruce

I don't recall having any trouble..

what sort of issues did you have?

I had to change names in the Registry and then change them back again one installed. Certain file data paths were no being saved until we realized there was another setting which had to be changed, etc etc. Just little things but very annoying for what should have been a straight forward install.

Did MCfWS x6 install over the top of MCfSW x5 or was it a separate stand alone install.

Its a stand alone install.

Once you're done you'll have both X5 MCfSW and X6 MCfSW.

Personally, I'd uninstall the X5 version then install X6.. I can't think of any reason why you'd want both

The problems you describe can be caused by antivirus software running during the install.

I use Norton Internet Security which hasn't caused me any trouble.

I've heard of AVG causing trouble in some cases.

Also.be sure the account used for the install has full admin rights

There was something about how Solidworks was originally installed. I don't remember the exact terminology but it had something to do with installing Solidworks remotely causing that registry problem. I've run into twice on tech calls and both times forwarded the call to CNC Software. They got Mcamforsw working by changing something in the registry.