Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File open changing my settings

Cannon

So I opened up .MCX file made by one of our customer that had his MD in it and it changed my settings, even my line width changed to thicker! Question is, does Mastercam save the configuration to the part file and am I now seeing my customers settings? We both use X6Mu2

All you did was open up a mcx file that he sent you? It shouldn't change your settings. It will however look for his machine definition, so you would either have to install his mmd, .control and post and then load it, or load your own. You say your line width changed to thicker...did it change your default line width? Did anything else change? Did your background colour or your toolbars etc?

Yes, only thing I did was open the file. It did not change background color or toolbars but I havent looked yet If anything else is changed. This is the second time I noticed line width to change and both times it was when I opened up a MCX file made by that customer with his MD in it.