Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Manual Programming G10,11 - G54 Z offset

rob stack

Machine - Mazak vmc 410

Mazatrol

I'm trying to manually code a G10 to update the Z offset register, all our parts are a different thickness and I want to change the g54 z offset at the beginning of the program. After program is complete I need to change the G54 Z offset back to the original value to start a new part.

We manuall programmed G91G10L2P1Z-NNN which does change the G54 to the correct value. Our problem is changing it back to the original G54 Z offset at the end of the program.

We are also using a G21 for metric programming.

Any ideas?

do you have a programming\operators manual? if so you should be able to find the macro section and theres a list of system variables that you can read from, you should be able to read the g54 z offset and store it in to a user variable before you change with the g10, then at the end of the program you can recall the saved z, id give you an example but i dont remember the mazaks variables, i havent ran one for 6 yrs, i deal with fanucs mostly , but it can be done rather easily if you know which system variable it is