Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 will not toolpath part but X5 does

FTI2007

So I have a solid works part file that X6 will open fine but will not create a surfacing tool for. As soon as Finish entering all the parameters it says want to change color of last processed surface? then says Error Regenerating Operation!( Surface High Speed Rough). I tried all the surface too paths and it does the same. I tried resaving the file in solidworks as XT and IGES and STEP. but no change. But I can open the same part in X5 and it works fine. Any Ideas? The part was one of 6 different parts from the same solidworks assembly file. The rest worked fine. THanks In advance

It is not a solid but surfaces and lines. I tried to tell it to change color when it asked but could not see the difference. Maybe I will try changing the color when it asks and then delete or move the that color surface to a different level and see what happens. I just dont understand why it would work in x5.