Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Motionmaster 3 post help please, offset issues

I've never modified a post before, but I would like to get our post to output different offset numbers when you change the offset number in the WCS manager (View Manager).

RIght now, I can set op1 toolpaths to offset 1 and op2 toolpaths to offset 2 and they all post G54. Any help or a link to a post that has covered this would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching "post offset" and similar terms but couldn't find anything useful. I can post whatever other info is needed.

Cheers,

Ryan

I'm assumming this is a 3 axis machine add you are programming in Top Plane.

When I need multiple offsets on this sort of setup, I make copied on Top in the view manager,

set the workoffset there and use the proper copy of top to get the desired workoffset.

It's a little more work, but it's bulletproof once you get the hand of it.

It's a very old post...Created in version 5 I was told. Yeah, it's been updated a few times I'd say :) In the post header it looks like there are misc. values that control whick offset any individual toolpath uses (Misc. #1: 4=G54, 5=G55 etc.) but it doesn't work. I tried posting just 1 toolpath from Op2 with Misc. #1 set to "5" and it still output G54.