Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Event log file location

Hacsta

Hi all , I did a search and didn't find what i was looking for . I'm looking for my event log files. I checked the file location card in the Documention folder and it shows the Event log folder should be in mymcam folder but its not there. X6 mu2 windows 7 thanks in advance .

Not much help from me because I have the same question....

I use my event files to fill out my time sheets. I too am using X6 MU2 Win 7.

I still have X5 loaded and have found that if I open X5, leave it open, and then open X6 my event logs end up in the "mymcam5\event log" folder. I added the event log folder to "mymcam6" which the install did not create and it never populates. The X6 event log is open and active while X6 is open and can be found as a temp file while X6 is open but it never gets saved to the proper folder when X6 gets closed.

Anybody got a clue on this?

I asked about this once before and got nothing. Asked my reseller - also nothing.

The workaround seems to be to leave X5 installed. It creates multiple event files for the same day but you can tell by the timestamp which ones are complete.

I would like to uninstall X5 and not have to run both versions at the same time just to get the event files....

Just got off phone with CNC Tech. His install is behaving just like left coast lefty. Folder exists but only stores some event logs....

I told him I would like it back the old way. He says he will e-mail me when/if he comes up with anything on why only certain logs are saved...

That seems to be the new way event logs are handled. I don't even get 1 file saved because I don't have an event log folder in X6. The tech at CNC thinks my install might be messed up and that the data path is incorrect. At least I can get them from from my X5 event log folder but they may be specific to my slightly screwed up install.