Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

converters

primovalencia

Thank you:

I have a hp workstation xw6000 with INTEL zeon 2.8 and 3 Gb RAM, with NVIDIA Quadro 750GLX video card.

Before I work under windows 2000, someone recommend change to windows xp.

Sometime I am try to converter SAT or IGS files(from Mechanical ) to Mastercam 9.1 SP1 and my machine turnes lower or the system lock.

How much database and tolpath allocation can I use?

We have a VF-3 (HAAS) machine, I like work with HIGFEED options, Do you know what is the cornering accelerations in Gs of this machine?

Cordiality:

Primovalencia

ok what are your allocations on the conf. page.

Look back through the thread and you will see where soem have said where to set it at.

Crazy Millman

Also XP will only help if the program is wrote to do hyperthreading and Mastercam is not at that point from what I have been told. I would also go to the Tech tips and look at them for some insight also. Good luck and like they told me welcome to the forum.

Crazy Millman

quote:

Also XP will only help if the program is wrote to do hyperthreading and Mastercam is not at that point from what I have been told.

Technically, apps aren't directly written to support hyperthreading. If a well-developed app was written to take advantage of tried and true multi-threading, then it'll support hyperthreading on hardware that supports it. In other words, a multi-threaded app is a multi-threaded app until it runs on an Intel CPU that supports hyperthreading. Then it magically becomes a hyperthreaded app.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...In other words, a multi-threaded app is a multi-threaded app until it runs on an Intel CPU that supports hyperthreading. Then it magically becomes a hyperthreaded app...

That's easy for you to say. biggrin.gifwink.gif

So if I was to say it is what it is if I knew what it was when it was the thing I thought it was then it might be said if was only the thing I said if I knew how to say it in such a way to see it clearly for the saying of what need to be said to the person saying it was only the start of something good to say to the end of something needing to be said. Hum let me see did I just double talk that is was I just blwoing smoke up someone's xxxx.

Question is does it support hyperthreading?

The possible answers are YES or NO how about using one of them thanks alot.

Crazy Crazy Crazy Millman