Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Retract - Rapid or Feed ?

Hmmm, I looked in the X5 parameter guide, I saw one for lathe (13582), but can't find it for mill....

Do you know how to do a parameter dump?

If so, shut off rapid retract, post, turn rapid retract back on, post again (change name so it doesn't overwrite), and then compare the files looking for the parameter that changed....

If you don't know how to do a parameter dump....

search for this in your post...

#"pparameter", ~prmcode$, ~sparameter$, e$

remove the # from the beginning of the line (# comments out the line)

Already done that. Posted a single op with it turned on, reposted the op with it turned off, and compared the NCI's using Cimco's file compare. The only difference was an extra GCode line of a feedrate move to another Z that turned out to be the feed plane.

Seems easy enough to find when comparing files, but in practice, I dont see how I can tell if a z+ feed move is the rapid being turned off, or just some funky position that happened to appear in some contour....

I'd hoped that there was some double-secret pre-defined post param ....