Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex and verification question.

JACK2ME

To the guys who have an Integrex. What kind of verification software are you using? I know that the Mazak has 3D virtual machining software but does that only work when programing using Mazatrol? If I program g code how much detail will we see at the machine when we run the simulation? We were hoping to use Mastercam for everything but right now I'm not positive that Mastercam can thoroughly verify a machine like the Integrex. And the machine simulation doesn’t seem to support mill/turn type of machines at this time. Okuma however offers collision avoidance software for the pc that is free and it’s the same software that runs on the Multus machine and it shows everything and this is becoming a big factor for us in determining which machine to purchase either the Mazak Integrex or the Okuma Multus. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

The Mazak 3d virtual machining shows G-code programming, but it can be very slow doing 3d work, and on really complex stuff it crashes sometimes. I use the mastercam verify, but I am very used to my machines and aware of what is going on. Machine Simulation will support mill/turn in the near future. There is still no substitute for vericut or similiar product though. :cheers:

import complex stock and or fixtures.

Sorry Jeremy... but I don't understand your definition of complex stock...

Whenever I have a chance to testimony against Mazak MatrixCAM I will... it sucks so bad we had to return it... it's one of the poorest engineering softwares ever written IMHO... they charge you like grown men but deliver an amateur solution... I do it because people don't have access to this information when they are buying the machine... the sales guys know nothing about this - They will tell you it works - And let you alone when trying to return it later - So I want to promote awareness about their crappy software so that other people don't make the same mistake we did...

If someday that changes, I'll be happy to change my opinion, for now, I'd suggest everyone to keep away from this crap...

What I got from Mazak when trying to import a relatively simple (For a MTM) 3D model (Shown below) - I use this part to develop PP's for our MillTurns... it's not geometrically complex, only geometry for polar milling, polar drillling, turning with flash tools, 3+2, 5x, angle heads...

If you can't machine import a model like that in a MTM, then it is not a serious solution... our WFLs can handle models with up to 30K surfaces.... we never used half of this even in our most crazy parts... the PP validation part is a small model... we have a Integrex e-1060V8/II here... it's a Ø1000mm table and you can't import a model with 1/2 of this Ø in the SW?

In our WFLs we machine parts 3000mm long with hundreds of features... the CrashGuard software in the machine don't bother... I think if we attempt to import a model like that in MatrixCAM the PC would crash as soon as we hit "Import"...

Dear Mr.Daniel

My name is xxx , application engineer in MSA. (Mazak South America)

As you asked us, we analyzed about your question;

Q,How can we import the 3D model(peca_teste_pp_wfl_m120.prt)

in the machine?

Answer is unfortunately not possible.

Let me explain the reasons.

At first, our function '3D set up' is limited the quantities of surface

to recognized.(Max surfaces : 4000 surfaces)

As using your 'stp' file, we got a different alarm No2064.

This alarm No2064 means "This 3D-model has recognized too much surfaces".

As you know, this function is used to avoid the interferences.

To calculate smoothly, we limit the quality of 3D-model which we use in the

machine simulation.

wflppt.png

I added a pic with the dimensions so you can have an idea about size... this model does not have 4K surfaces at all...

There is still no substitute for vericut or similiar product though

Here is where we agree... :smoke:

As using your 'stp' file, we got a different alarm No2064.

This alarm No2064 means "This 3D-model has recognized too much surfaces".

No, I was not trying to import it as a STEP file in the MatrixCAM (They license Parasolid as their kernel) - I sent them the STEP file so they could try it themselves... (They use NX)