Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine settings and master cam settings

My problem is when i program a job and run this with the machine the servos on the machine can not keep up with it linear not a problem ,its when it moves in to a contour radius servos can not keep up. using master cam X5 and a haas VF-OE with fanuc control. i know there are settings in master cam for this but does not work is there something between the setup of the machine and master cam to run move smoothly. Notice there is a G184 high speed milling code in the manual do i have to edit program for this or can this be done in master cam also read that fine tolerances mean slower feed rates. Machine too old !

• 2 weeks later...

G187 can be used from the program with an E.xxx for the "precision". bigger number= smoother motion.

or you can set the haas machine setting for corner rounding accuracy. bigger number= smoother motion.

a Haas of that era is not going to be that great on fast motion. even the new ones have kinda small motors.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for a heads up....Haas ships every machine from the factory with the high speed "option" built in, and has done so for around the last ten years or so. The problem being, it is a paid for option. It runs about $2400 per machine, and from experience with this issue recently, is one you or your company should not overlook if purchasing a Haas machine with the intent of cutting at high speed. Our VF-3's are around 6 years old and I never knew that they couldn't do high speed or hybrid cutting until we switched from cutting heat treated stainless and 4140, etc to aluminum parts and programmed a whole branch of assorted part lines only to discover the machine wouldn't do it short of shaking itself apart! Called Haas and got a code to unlock the function, and upon testing discovered it worked as expected. Right around time we were in full-swing production, the "teaser limited time only option" shut off and we were back to square one. Haas technicians were in that week to check on one machine that was leaking programs from the list to mdi randomly (scary to say the least), and replace an oiler which was dead in its tracks. They filled me in on the fact it was built in and verified the price to get it full time. Don't purchase a Haas machine w/o this option if you intend to do any machining at speeds over 60 ipm around corners, moreless try and use any of mastercams high speed or hybrid paths. I contacted one of their regional top tier sales rep's and asked why this isn't widely disclosed at time of purchase, and they really couldn't give an acceptable answer. Mind you the machines ship with advertised feed rates of over 1000 ipm on most all of their products and blazed on the cabinets. Ours came with the optional remote pendants which adds I believe an additional $1200+ for ea machine... makes me wonder who would spring for the jog-wheel and not the high speed?

ILLz%20Sig%20Std.gif