Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post drill op

tryon

If you are useing the mplfan.pst it would look like this.------------------------------------

pcanceldc #Cancel drill cycle

xabs = vequ (initht_x) #Position to return

ps_inc_calc

pe_inc_calc #Update to current location

gcode = zero

pcan

pcan1, pbld, n, sgcode, "G80", strcantext, e

pcan2

Adding hard code(example)------------------------------

pcan1, pbld, n, sgcode, "G80", strcantext, e

pcan1, pbld, n, "My hard code", e

pcan2

i need to post my hard code elsewhere in the program based on if a drill cycle or custom drill cycle has been called.

If i pick a drill operation i want to automatically post out a center drill op ahead of it.

and i will turn it on with a Misc int

The variable tool_op can be used. If tool_op = 64, then it is a (lathe) drilling operation. You may also want to check the value of drillcyc, to check which drilling cycle it is.

I have seen problems with tool_op not being updated when it should be, so you may want to force update it with !tool_op before using it.

V8.1

no upgrade in site for awhile though.

i dont understand how to use the tool_op = 64.

what i was hoping to be able to do was something like this.

pcdrl # center drill

"(T0111 NO. CENTER DRL)", e

"M13S1500", e

"M98P1", e

"T0111", e

"X0Z.1", e

"G99Z-.25F.002", e

"M98P2", e

lsof #Start of file for non-zero tool number, lathe

pgetshifts # Retrieve G10 work shifts for MAIN & SUB spindles (4/11/01)

if mi7=1, pbstop #this works

if tool_op = 64, pcdrl #im guessing

ltlchg

if i have a drill cycle called anywhere

else in the program i want the center drill op posted after the pbstop only, and a misc integer to turn this on or off also.

try-on,

One thing you could do easily in the Operations Manager is to copy your drill op after itself and change the first drill op to use a center drill, a parameter or two, then regenerate the toolpaths. Once this has been done, you can save the toolpaths to an Operation library where you'll be able to import them into any job that requires it in the future. The only thing you'd have to do is change a few parameters, the tool for the new part and regen the toolpaths. This is one possibility for future programming with Mcam Lathe. The ops mgr. allows for so many things to be done without the need to modify posts or reprogram from scratch. HTH biggrin.gif