Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bought This Small CNC - Needs Software

DSC03381.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03383.jpg

After doing some some research I found out this is actually a Denford Micromill, sold in the U.K. for £7500. This one is sold in the US under the Intelos name I guess. I got it cheap, but it didn't come with the PC or the software to run it. It basically hooks up to a PC via a serial port cable.

It looks like it was really never used much. There are no scratches, no rust, no oil, etc. But I have no idea if it runs or not. I found a company here that sells the software for this machine. It comes with a new EPROM to allow it to run newer software with more capabilities I think.

Anyway, the software and EPROM are $600. Has anyone ever seen one of these things run? I can't find a whole lot about them. There are a couple videos on YouTube, but not very good ones.

Looks a lot like a Sherline. I wouldn't expect much out of it, but it could be a fun toy for the garage. I got a MaxNC-10 about fifteen years ago; fairly similar but aluminum construction. Good for simple hobby stuff, but the drive electronics weren't reliable.

That is what I planned on using it for. I think I am going to drop the $600 and set it up. Will be a fun little machine for making a pinewood derby car ;)